[OPLINTECH] Antivirus

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Wed Aug 27 13:45:45 EDT 2014

Coshocton Public Library has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection from
Techsoup for the past few years along with DeepFreeze on the public
computers.

Just this week, my Director forwarded me an email from an AVG sales rep.
 AVG is offering an Educational Promotion with the following details:

   - $1.00 per computer per year for a three year agreement
   - Buyout promotion where they will buy out your current anti-virus
   contract regardless of how long or how new your contract is
   - Also, the tech support is free and US based.

I think the product they are offering is the AVG Internet Security Business
Edition.  What is your thoughts?  Should I make the jump from SEP?  Is
anyone using this product?

I use SEP as a server installation with managed clients.  I don't know if
AVG can be setup this way or not.