[OPLINTECH] Dirty Power

Bob Neeper neeperro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:07:44 EDT 2015

In the 80's, 90's when we designed mini-computer controlled scale equipment, we
always required a SOLA CVS (Constant Voltage Source) be installed.
Back then we never even used battery backup systems and the equipment went world
wide.
Sometimes where the power was really,  really bad.

For an idea, a typical link from google is:  (Unit looks just as it did back then)
http://www.solahevidutysales.com/cvs_hardwired_series_power_conditioner.htm

Also I would have the power company, or someone,  put a line meter on to record
typical fluctuations.
The data can be shown to the power company so they can clean up the power.

BTW The SOLA needs sized per the load requirements.

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
(Retired Toledo Scale Engineer & Library Computer Guy)

Volunteering at:
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074