[OPLINTECH] Deepfreeze help/advice

James George jgeorge at clermontlibrary.org
Tue Aug 25 15:09:42 EDT 2015

We use a product called Smart Shield by Centurion Technologies
http://www.centuriontech.com/  . It can run stand alone or server based. We
have over 200 public workstations so we use the server based version.
Besides locking and unlocking the workstations like DF, it has the ability
to run schedules to start the workstations, shut them down, run plug in
updates, Windows updates or custom scripts. This is the sequence for a
typical Flash player update: We start the workstations 1 location at a time,
unprotect them, reboot to unprotect, update Flash player via script (for all
3 browsers we use), enable protection, reboot. Workstation is ready to use.
We usually can update Flash Player system wide in about an hour and a half
which as you know, seems like it needs to be done every other week. FWIW,
it's a great utility.

Jim George

Information Services Manager

Clermont County Public Library