[OPLINTECH] Windows 10

Travis McAfee Travis.McAfee at waylibrary.info
Fri Jun 5 12:11:15 EDT 2015

I’ve had the technical beta virtualized here for a while.  I haven’t done any deep digging, but my initial impression of the OS is that it’s Windows 8 with a functional desktop and start button.  Most of our staff has Windows 8.1 but I’ve held off putting Windows 8.1 on the patron machines because I didn’t want the front line staff to have to field so many questions about the new interface.  I think Windows 10 will largely remove that worry.  It has a enough of a familiar feel to Windows 7 and previous versions that we could upgrade with enough confidence our community won’t rebel against it.

I’m pretty excited about it.  We’ll wait to make sure all of our management type software will work (Envisionware, Deepfreeze, etc) and then probably jump in with both feet.

Travis McAfee
Systems Administrator
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave.