[OPLINTECH] OPLIN e-mail failure

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Mar 9 11:30:43 EDT 2015

Whaaaat?  You mean you *can't* turn water into wine? You *don't* have
unlimited resources? You *can't* turn base metals into gold? My world has
just been shattered.

I think probably we all totally understand where you're coming from.
Personally, I greatly appreciate all of the hard work you AND the rest of
the team have done over the years. You all deserve an extra vacation and
pay raise. Or at least a nap.

>From a library point of view, I'm hoping that you set up another mail
server. Big picture, I'd strongly suspect the amount of time and money
saved is worth it vs. each individual library having to deal with it. It
stinks for OPLIN Support, but it's hugely useful, especially for smaller
libraries.

You'll hate this idea too (don't shoot the messenger), but someone
suggested to me just now that perhaps you could set up another mail server
in the short term and re-create the accounts with the understanding that
all mail is gone and this may only be a temporary interim solution. It
would be a huge pia for Support to recreate accounts, but it would go a
long way towards keeping business running at individual libraries. You
could still decide not to continue the service going forward, but it would
help reduce the emergency thrust upon the libraries and allow them to more
gracefully switch to another system.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*