[OPLINTECH] Laptop Charging Cart Question

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Mar 6 11:38:10 EST 2019

I second Bob's assessment of the power requirements. Most circuits in
commercial building will be 20Amp circuits anyway, but do make sure you're
not plugging the cart into an already well-used circuit.

Something else worth considering:  It's been my experience that it's useful
to have several extra power adapters for the laptops. Occasionally, you'll
find that you want to plug a laptop into the wall while in use and if you
don't have a few extras, then you'll have to pull the adapter out of the
cart. If you're like me and try to keep cables organized and routed cleanly
and efficiently within the cart, it will quickly become a pain in the butt
and become disorganized, especially as staff who don't care about the
presentation/aesthetics and who aren't as OCD about it pull out the power
adapters and just shove the cables back in haphazardly.

To the issue of weight vs mobility, your primary question:  Part of this
depends on the cart itself and on the surface on which it resides. I've
dealt with some large, really well-built carts ( == heavy construction).
The sheer weight can sometimes make them a bit harder to manipulate in a
tight space, but on a tiled/uncarpeted surface and a good set of
wheels/bearings I don't think they were too unwieldy for the ladies that
used the carts I'm thinking about. However, most of the carts I see these
days don't seem to be as heavy as those older carts I'm thinking about in
this example.

HTH and YMMV!

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*