[OPLINTECH] Problem with Star receipt printers

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Tue Jul 13 10:38:36 EDT 2021

Hi,

We're having a problem with our receipt printers that we just can't
figure out. Could anyone give me any ideas?

They're Star TSP 143, connected to the computer by USB (Windows 10).
Ever since the July Windows updates came out, they stop working
occasionally. Rebooting the computer often (but not always) seems to
cause this. Restarting the spooling service makes the printer work again
(sometimes I also print a test page, which often seems to be a necessary
step). I have uninstalled them and re-installed, and gotten the latest
driver.

This affects all of our USB-connected Star receipt printers. We have two
Star printers connected by network that don't seem to be affected.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Phil

*Phil Shirley*

/IT Manager/
*Cuyahoga Falls Library*
*p.* 330.928.2117 x109 *e.* pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
<mailto:pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org>
*w. *cuyahogafallslibrary.org <http://www.cuyahogafallslibrary.org/> *a.
*2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221

<https://www.facebook.com/fallslibrary/>
<https://twitter.com/FallsLibrary><https://www.instagram.com/fallslibrary/>