[SOA] Disaster Planning Redux: Polar Vortices, Super-Storms and Sinkholes, Oh My! - 6/23

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 14 13:33:26 EDT 2014

Disaster Planning Redux: Polar Vortices, Super-Storms and Sinkholes, Oh My!

When: Monday, June 23, 2014 10 AM - 1 PM
Where: ICA lab facility, 2915 Detroit Ave., Cleveland
(entrance in the rear on Church Street)
Cost: $10 for Ohio Museums Association members, $15 for nonmembers

In just the past 18 months we have seen hurricane storm-surge warnings along the shores of Lake Erie, museum galleries fall into subterranean sinkholes, debilitating snowfalls before Halloween, and more polar cold than most museums are used to handling.

In this new climate reality where change is the only constant, is your museum properly prepared? It is time to dust off your disaster plan and get serious about preparing for the disaster you never thought possible.

Join us for this half-day workshop where we'll help you map out the possibilities, plan appropriately, and give you the know-how to create a response team and tool kit at your museum. Don't simply assume your museum is ready to handle the worst that mother nature can throw at you, make sure you are.

Presenters: Jennifer Souers Chevraux, Education Outreach Officer, ICA - Art Conservation, and Dr. Ware Petznick, Director, Shaker Historical Society

Registration: Complete registration details will be available on the OMA website under professional development/workshops at http://ohiomuseums.org/professional-development/workshops/ (not there yet as of today).

This professional development program is provided in collaboration with the Ohio Museums Association.

Via ICA - Art Conservation  newsletter. http://www.ica-artconservation.org/

OHIO University Libraries

Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Alden 322 | 1 Ohio University | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu | http://media.library.ohiou.edu | http://twitter.com/jcarletonoh | http://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/

The best student-centered learning experience in America