[OPLINLIST] OHIONET sponsored Digital Projects Symposia - choose a location nearest you

Larry Fischer Sandy McIntyre" <sandym@ohionet.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:39:46 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C48C75.FD448A2A

> Now that more of your users ask for information that's often trapped
> on shelves filled with one-of-a-kind newspapers, photos, maps,
> yearbooks, posters, postcards, and rare printed materials, you're
> facing the numerous challenges that go along with providing access.
> Despite the challenges of meeting users' needs for remote access to
> digital objects, there are endless opportunities to increase your
> institution's visibility. In an effort to connect you with the
> knowledge and most current resources that you need to successfully
> move forward with various digital project phases, OHIONET is pleased
> to invite you to attend one of our Fall 2004 Digital Projects
> Symposia.=20
> Open to librarians of any library type, curators, archivists, museum
> and historical society association staff, these sessions feature
> nationally recognized presenters who will bring to you the most
> up-to-date information via case studies and viewpoints. Tom Clareson,
> Manager, and staff from the Education & Planning, Digital Collection &
> Preservation Services Division, a division of Online Computer Library
> Center, Inc., in Dublin, Ohio, will share their collective years of
> experiences with developing, implementing and maintaining digital
> projects. Dr. Glenda A. Thornton, Cleveland State University Library
> Director, who has 30 years of professional library service, will share
> the key steps that they took to make The Cleveland Memory Project
> globally accessible. Access
> http://www.contentdm.com/customers/clevelandstate.html to view
> Cleveland State's digital projects. Additional speakers may also
> present.=20
> If you're just starting or in the midst of setting up your digital
> project scope and priorities, finding funding, training staff,
> cataloging and mounting digital objects, and integrating digital
> objects with other resources, these forums will inspire you and help
> you quickly expand you and your staff's digital projects knowledge
> base. After the sessions join attendees for lunch where you can
> discuss options and digital projects next steps with seasoned
> professionals and colleagues from your region. Seating is limited. For
> more information contact Sandy McIntyre, OHIONET, sandym@ohionet.org.
> "Your library and information partner"
> For details and to register today for the location nearest you, choose
> from the following URLs:=20
> 1. 10/5/04 - Ohio University (Athens, Ohio)
> <http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1232>=20
> http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1232
> 2. 10/8/04 - Cleveland State University (Cleveland, Ohio)
> [...]

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>OHIONET sponsored Digital Projects Symposia - choose a location =
nearest you </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">Now that more of =
your users ask for information that's often trapped on shelves filled =
with one-of-a-kind newspapers, photos, maps, yearbooks, posters, =
postcards, and rare printed materials, you're facing the numerous =
challenges that go along with providing access. Despite the challenges =
of meeting users' needs for remote access to digital objects, there are =
endless opportunities to increase your institution's visibility. In an =
effort to connect you with the knowledge and most current resources that =
you need to successfully move forward with various digital project =
phases, OHIONET is pleased to invite you to attend one of our Fall 2004 =
Digital Projects Symposia. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">Open to librarians =
of any library type, curators, archivists, museum and historical society =
association staff, these sessions feature nationally recognized =
presenters who will bring to you the most up-to-date information via =
case studies and viewpoints. Tom Clareson, Manager, and staff from the =
Education &amp; Planning, Digital Collection &amp; Preservation Services =
Division, a division of Online Computer Library Center, Inc., in Dublin, =
Ohio, will share their collective years of experiences with developing, =
implementing and maintaining digital projects. Dr. Glenda A. Thornton, =
Cleveland State University Library Director, who has 30 years of =
professional library service, will share the key steps that they took to =
make The Cleveland Memory Project globally accessible. Access</FONT> <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.contentdm.com/customers/clevelandstate.html"><U></U><U=
><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">http://www.contentdm.com/customers/clevelandstate.html</=
FONT></U></A><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana"> to view =
Cleveland State&#8217;s digital projects. Additional speakers may also =
present. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">If you're just =
starting or in the midst of setting up your digital project scope and =
priorities, finding funding, training staff, cataloging and mounting =
digital objects, and integrating digital objects with other resources, =
these forums will inspire you and help you quickly expand you and your =
staff&#8217;s digital projects knowledge base. After the sessions join =
attendees for lunch where you can discuss options and digital projects =
next steps with seasoned professionals and colleagues from your region. =
Seating is limited. For more information contact Sandy McIntyre, =
OHIONET, </FONT><A HREF=3D"mailto:sandym@ohionet.org"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#006600" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">sandym@ohionet.org</FONT></U></A><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">. &quot;Your library and =
information partner&quot;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">For details and to =
register today for the location nearest you, choose from the following =
URLs: </FONT>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">1. =
</FONT></B><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1232=
"><B><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#006600" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">10/5/04 - Ohio =
University (Athens, Ohio)</FONT></U></B></A><B></B>

<BR><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1232=
"><U></U><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?=
ID=3D1232</FONT></U></A><B></B>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">2. =
</FONT></B><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1233=
"><B><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#006600" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">10/8/04 - =
Cleveland State University (Cleveland, Ohio)</FONT></U></B></A><B></B>

<BR><B></B><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1233=
"><B><U></U><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?=
ID=3D1233</FONT></U></B></A><B></B>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">3. =
</FONT></B><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1234=
"><B><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#006600" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana">10/19/04 - =
OHIONET (Columbus, Ohio)</FONT></U></B></A><B></B>

<BR><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=3D1234=
"><U></U><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">http://www.ohionet.org/training/WorkshopDescription.asp?=
ID=3D1234</FONT></U></A><B></B>
</P>
<BR>