[OPLINLIST] Storytelling...From the Writer's Point of View - Cincinnati, Ohio

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Dec 27 17:25:58 EST 2006

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward this message to all interested parties - especially
Children's Librarians.
*

  Storytelling...From the Writer's Point of View
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=896>

"Storytelling...From the Writer's Point of View," is a hands-on,
practical workshop that unlocks the secret of stories and takes the
mystery out of storytelling. Dandi will reveal the skeleton found in
every great story and demonstrate fun and easy methods for storytellers
to put the bones and flesh on the story skeletons. We'll explore voice,
details, tone, character, climax. The workshop will include family
storytelling, hands-on exercises, storytelling practice, insights into
capturing those story moments, and tips on bringing the "telling" to
life. Come and gain confidence that you can always tell a good story,
start to finish.

Visit Dandi Mackall's Website <http://www.dandibooks.com>

      Date

Wednesday, January 24th, 2007

      Time

1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office <http://www.swonlibraries.org/directions>

      Speaker(s)

*Dandi Mackall* won her first writing contest as a 10-year-old tomboy.
Her 50 words on "Why I Want to Be Batboy for the Kansas City A's" won
first place, but the team wouldn't let a girl be batboy. It was her
first taste of rejection.

Since then, Dandi Daley Mackall has become an award-winning author of
about 400 books for children and grown-ups, with sales of 4 million in
22 countries. Dandi has written articles for Today's Woman, Western
Horseman, Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul, Family Circle, Parenting,
Worldwide Challenge, Guidepost, Power for Living, and more. She's held a
humorist column and served as freelance editor. She's a frequent guest
on radio talk shows, has hosted over 200 radio phone-in programs, and
made dozens of appearances on TV, including ABC, NBC, and CBS.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$20

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$20

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$20

      Other

$40

The deadline to register is Sunday, January 21st, 2007