[OPLINLIST] merchandising and displays

Meredith Southard msouthard at worthingtonlibraries.org
Mon Jul 10 17:03:25 EDT 2006

Hello all,
Our library is looking for new and different ways to display and
merchandise our collection. I'm interested in hearing what other
libraries are doing beyond traditional thematic displays. If you have a
significant portion of your collection "on display" at any given time,
how are they identified in the catalogue? Are there any special statuses
or locations codes used? What ILS system do you use? Are books
physically identified for shelving in the merchandising areas (stickers,
dots, etc.)? And who returns the books to the merchandising areas when
they are checked back in (reference staff, circulation staff, etc.)?
I appreciate in advance any suggestions or information you have on any
of the above issues!
Thanks,
Meredith Southard
Reference Librarian