[OPLINLIST] IM Policies

Susan Hill shill at pauldingcountylibrary.org
Mon Jul 24 10:46:27 EDT 2006

Greetings all:
We are in the process of reviewing/revising our Internet Use Policy. One component absent that we want to add is the criteria for using Instant Messaging and chat. I would appreciate seeing samples of other library policies that include criteria/policies/procedures for patrons to follow when accessing IM and chat on library computers.
    ALSO, we are looking at providing free wireless for patrons, so any existing policies addressing accessing the Internet in the building on patron-owned computers would be helpful. I have already reviewed policies posted at the State Library of Ohio website. If your policies are online, please send me the URLs, otherwise you can copy and paste the pertinent info in an e-mail or fax or send via hard copy. Thank you so much in advance for your help.
Take care,
Susan
Susan N Hill
Director / Editor
Paulding County Carnegie Library
Rural Library Services Newsletter
205 S Main Street   Paulding, Ohio 45879
419-399-2032 (voice); 419-399-2114 (fax)
shill at pauldingcountylibrary.org (e-mail)
www.pauldingcountylibrary.org (web page)