[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

Bonnie Tyler tylerbo at neo-rls.org
Thu Jul 19 10:02:49 EDT 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEO-RLS LAUNchES NEW WEBSITE

Warren, Ohio-July 19, 2007, 10:00 a.m.  The Northeast Ohio Regional
Library System is proud to announce a new NEO-RLS Website. Located at
http://www.neo-rls.org/ <http://www.neo-rls.org/> , this complete and
total redesign focuses on better site navigation and member
communication.

In order to facilitate navigation, we have added an exploding menu to
the left of the page and content tabs at the top of each page.  By
clicking on the plus sign next to each category page, you can now
explode the menu and drill further down.  On all the sub pages of a main
category, we have added breadcrumb (contextual) links, which provide a
textual representation of the hierarchy our site's structure. Also
augmenting our navigation improvements, we have added a site search
feature based on our own algorithm and a Tag cloud (a weighted visual
list) to allow visitors more minute searching options.

We are proud of our members, and in order to show off the NEO Family we
have added a featured member picture to the site. This allows each our
members to show off the wonderful architecture that make up their
libraries. If you would like your library added as a featured member
please email us with a picture, then in a day or two, return to the site
and look for your library. Featured Member pictures rotate randomly on
each page load.

In order to increase communication between NEO and its members, we have
focused not only on email communication but also on RSS feeds. For
example, we have added categorical RSS News Feeds for Continuing
Education, Administration, Technology, Youth Services, the NEO-Board,
and news from the Executive Director.  We have also made available a
plethora of Continuing Education RSS feeds that can be limited by track
and/or date ranges.  In our quest to boost communication we have
included the Tell a Colleague feature (recently added to our CE events)
on all of our news posting so that library staff can share news postings
from the NEO site. Also because of the popularity of NEO's Desktop News
and NEO Notes, we have added an archive so that members can retrieve and
share this information.

Several existing elements from our previous website were also
incorporated in our new design. The NEO Learning Groups page has
returned, providing each Learning Group with its own blog and
information sharing page. The NEO Board of Trustees and Committees pages
have also returned. Similar to the Learning Groups pages, each Committee
has its own blog and information sharing page, as well as contact
information for each committee member.  And of course, you can still
find all of your favorite NEO Workshops on the Continuing Education
page.

Finally, we are doing our best to be sure that all the pages you have
previously bookmarked are redirected to their new locations. However, if
you do get a 404 or "Page Not Found" error when you try to visit a
bookmarked page, we recommend that you visit the main page and update
your bookmarks using the links found there.

Be sure to check out our new website and let us know what you think by
e-mailing us at neo at neo-rls.org <mailto:neo at neo-rls.org> .

The Northeast Ohio Regional Library System (NEO-RLS) is a multi-type
library consortium assisting member libraries to better meet the needs
of their customers by creating opportunities to accomplish services and
programs beyond individual capabilities and resources.  NEO-RLS
facilitates the work of member libraries through membership-driven
services, professional development and responsible fiscal management.

If you'd like to know more about NEO-RLS, please contact the NEO-RLS
office at 800.589.6652 or neo at neo-rls.org <mailto:neo at neo-rls.org>

CONTACT:
Kristen Pool
Northeast Ohio Regional Library System