[OPLINLIST] May 21st Library Partnership Summit

Jo Budler JBUDLER at sloma.state.oh.us
Wed Mar 7 09:59:50 EST 2007

Dear Library Directors:

Soon you will be receiving an invitation from OPLIN, asking you to
attend the Library Partnership Summit which is scheduled for May 21st at
the Fawcett Center in Columbus.  The purpose of this Summit is to bring
together the leaders of the Ohio library community - academic, public,
school, and special - so we can look at the current state of
collaboration in Ohio and talk about the future of these programs and
services.  We will also have time to "network" and talk about additional
opportunities.

Here's what you can expect if you attend this Summit (and I truly hope
that you will, if at all possible!):

  1. Learn what other states are doing with multi-type cooperation.
Bill DeJohn, Executive Director of MINITEX, will discuss the models of
cooperation that Minnesota has implemented and the value-added services
that multi-type libraries have been able to provide because of their
collaborative efforts.
   2. Participate in a review of Ohio's current and desired statewide
programs - virtual reference, Ohio Web Library reference databases,
resource sharing - with an emphasis on both our successes and the goals
for the future..
   3. Discuss the future of funding for statewide programs for
libraries.  How can we leverage the services that can be delivered
through statewide funding? How do we achieve sustainable funding for
virtual reference, Ohio Web Library databases, and resource sharing?
   4. Provide your ideas on how we can meet the challenges of services
and funding that lie ahead.  Your input can help shape future statewide
services.
   5. Network with the directors of multi-type libraries in your region
and statewide.  Explore common concerns and ways of collaborating to
address those concerns.

 Registration will be done through Ohionet.  There will be no charge for
attendance.

Best wishes,

Jo

Jo Budler, State Librarian

State Library of Ohio

274 East First Ave, Suite 100, Columbus, OH  43201

Phone:  614-644-6843; 800-686-1532 (Ohio only)

Fax: 614-466-3584

http://winslo.state.oh.us <http://winslo.state.oh.us/>

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and resources to assist
state government and libraries in providing the best service to all."