[OPLINLIST] topping out sick leave

Laura Thorne thornela at oplin.org
Fri May 16 09:54:41 EDT 2008

Our library has a policy that an employee cannot accumulate more than 960
hours of sick leave.  They don't earn anymore as long as they are at the 960
hours level.  We have a few employees that have reached that plateau.  Does
anyone offer some type of compensation in this situation?-we were thinking
about allowing them "personal time" or "personal days" but aren't sure how
to go about that.  We would have to write a policy but would like some input
as to wording, etc.
Thanks, and you can contact me off-list.

Laura Thorne
Director
Jackson City Library