[OPLINLIST] NetLibrary

Barbara Beardsley BBEARDSLEY at columbuslibrary.org
Tue Nov 4 14:34:37 EST 2008

The collection of e-book titles available through NetLibrary to Columbus Metropolitan Library users is getting very dated.  I usually do not find any titles newer than 2000 when I search NetLibrary.  I called OPLIN today, and was told that OPLIN does not subscribe to the NetLibrary updates.

Are there any public libraries in Ohio that have decided to pay for the NetLIbrary updates?

We do participate in the Mid Ohio Library Digital Initiative (OverDrive), but I have found that the title included in this service do not have the right kind of business content.

Barbara Beardsley
Librarian
Science Business & News Division
Columbus Metropolitan Library