[OPLINLIST] FW: Choose to Read Ohio Kickoff and Ohioana Book Festival

Ruth Metcalf RMETCALF at sloma.state.oh.us
Fri May 1 15:04:12 EDT 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!

Can you believe it? We have almost exactly one more week before we have
the BIG EVENT - The Ohioana Book Festival on Saturday, May 9th at the
State Library of Ohio! Here's a link to information on this event:
http://ohioanabookfestival.org/  We really hope you can come to this
FREE event!

Also, the Choose to Read Ohio program will be officially unveiled at
this festival. The CTRO website is up and running and it includes all
fifteen of the author toolkits for use with this program. You can view
them at: http://oh.webjunction.org/ohctrointro  We hope that libraries
and other organizations will take advantage of these resources.

We have a CTRO book display up complete with one of our colorful
posters. We will also have bookmarks to distribute at the Ohioana Book
Festival. I will also be hosting a panel discussion with six of the CTRO
authors: Jaime Adoff, Shelley Pearsall, Louise Borden, Margaret P.
Haddix, Andrea Cheng and Sharon M. Draper.

For those of you in the Columbus and surrounding area, we hope you will
consider attending this wonderful event! Over 60 authors ranging from
children's to adult, fiction and nonfiction, will be in attendance.
Also, we have a wonderful area for the kids this year complete with a
huge whale to play in as well as book characters in costume.

 Come to the Ohioana Book Festival!

Bring the Kids! - Bring the Grandkids!

                              Have your Picture take with Clifford the
Big Red Dog!

        Meet R.L. Stine!

                                            Hope to See You There!

Sincerely,