[OPLINLIST] Grant Information

Dia Thomas dia.thomas at barbertonlibrary.org
Wed Dec 29 13:39:22 EST 2010

Hello Oplinders,

Since we are a member of Clevnet, we have recently set-up a stand-alone computer for the purpose of providing patrons with the ability to download media through our link to the Clevnet emedia website.  This would involve the use of portable devices.  What I would like to know: If any library(s)has purchased handheld devices for patron use?  And if so, what devices are they using and how long are you circulating them?
I ask these questions because I am looking into the possibility of purchasing some of these devices for patron use.  But with budgets shrinking, I am searching for grant sources that would supply all or part of the money (less than $5000.00)needed to purchase these devices.
So, if anyone has information on this topic, please email me or respond off-line.  Any and all responses will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!!

--
Dia S. Thomas
Audiovisual Librarian