[OPLINLIST] Teen Read Week Art Contest

Karen Jensen kjensenmls at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 09:21:40 EDT 2012

Teen Read Week is coming and we have a great project for you to do with your teens.  Lots of teens love to create art inspired by their favorite books, movies and characters - so let's give them a place to share their work!

YA Lit + Teen Created Art = It Came from a Book

Now through the end of September teens can submit their book inspired artwork of any kind to our IT CAME FROM A BOOK art contest.  All submitted artwork will be displayed online at the Library as Incubator Project and during TRW we will have a time of online voting.  One lucky teen will receive a $50.00 Amazon gift card, t-shirts, and 6 signed books for their personal collection, including Hourglass, Ashes, Divergent, Across the Universe, and more.

We are asking that teens submit digital photographs of their art, which means they get to keep the original piece.  This means that you - and your library - could have a library teen art show during Teen Read Week.  For information about creating an in-house gallery visit us here http://www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com/2012/06/it-came-from-book-teen-read-week-art.html and follow the links to Justin the Librarians recent adventures.

You can get complete information and downloadable posters with entry instructions here: http://www.libraryasincubatorproject.org/?p=5113

This contest is sponsored by Teen Librarian's Toolbox, The Library as Incubator Project, EgmontUSA and The Real Fauxtographer.

I hope you will join is in celebrating Teen Read Week 2012!

Have a great Friday,
Karen

Karen Jensen, MLS
Teen Librarian Toolbox
www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com
Join #the2012project (info on blog)
@tlt16 on Twitter, also on Facebook and Pinterest
Youth Services Librarian, Betty Warmack Branch Library
Reviewer for VOYA magazine