[OPLINLIST] Ada Public Library Update

Michael Limer limermi at oplin.org
Wed Mar 14 20:02:00 EDT 2012

FYI,

The Ada Public Library will be open Thursday, March 15.

Service Master came this morning and started the clean-up process on the grounds as well as the air. By the time I left this afternoon the air was significantly better. The machines will keep running all night so I think all lingering smoke scent will be gone by tomorrow. All of the debris on our grounds has also been removed.

The roof is more of a problem than I had hoped. The rubber membrane melted in six spots, but was easily patched. The problem is the water that was used to put out the fires eventually made it into some of our insulation. That will have to be pulled out and replaced, but it appears it is not large in terms of area.

The shell of the church is still standing (and required hosing several times today), so Main Street is closed around our building and may be that way into next week.

But, we will be open to foot traffic and hope to try to get back to normal ASAP.

Again, thanks for all the kind messages.

Regards,

Michael Limer