[OPLINLIST] The Clever Stick, teaching empathy about Autism

Kjensenmls kjensenmls at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 08:55:34 EST 2013

Good morning,

A new picture book titled The Clever Stick came across my desk yesterday and I found this to be such a well done fable to help us all think a little bit differently about Autism. I highly recommend it.  There is a teaching guide available at the author's web page.  (http://www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com/2013/01/teaching-empathy-clever-stick-by-john.html?m=0).

1 out of 88 children are now diagnosed with Autism. This is such an important topic.

Have a great day everyone,
Karen

Karen Jensen, MLS
Teen Librarian's Toolbox