[OPLINLIST] TUESDAY - Last day to register for the IOLUG Fall Conference

Sean Socha Sean.Socha at harrison.edu
Thu Oct 24 13:55:39 EDT 2013

TUESDAY, OCT 29th IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER!

Register now for the Fall IOLUG Program on November 1st, you could win a Samsung Galaxy Tablet!

Registration is now open for the Fall IOLUG Program: Digital Libraries: Live Spaces, Learning Places.  The program will take place at Indiana Wesleyan University North campus in Indianapolis, IN on Nov 1st. Register online at http://www.iolug.org/

[Inline image 1]

We have an exciting program for you filled with tips and tricks for using the latest technologies in your libraries. Session topics include makerspaces, distance learning tools and tips, and using Google glass to teach privacy. As librarians we are often called on to teach our users everything from how to use a computer mouse to finding and evaluating information. Join us to learn how to reach our patrons using innovative technologies and methods!

When: November 1st, 2013

Where: Indiana Wesleyan University North, Indianapolis

       3777 Priority Way South Drive

      Indianapolis, IN 46240

Fall Conference Keynotes:

Maker Mentality in the Learning Commons
Speaker: Emily Thompson, Suny Oswego Penfield Library
Description: What does a MakerSpace in an academic library look like? Chances are, it looks very much like a learning commons with a few tweaks. This program will look at the ways Penfield Library is infusing its commons with a maker mentality to bring out the creativity in our students.

Keynote Title: Using Google Glass to Teach Privacy
Speaker: Jen Waller, Miami University Libraries
Description: Google Glass is Google's latest consumer technology and is a wearable, head mounted computer that acts like a voice-activated, hands free smartphone. Hailed by some and reviled by others, Glass provides a peek into the future of information delivery and a route by which to discuss privacy and sharing. In August 2013, Google chose the presenter as a "Glass Explorer" - one of approximately 8000 people using Glass. This presentation will demonstrate how she integrated Glass technology into instruction about privacy and sharing for Miami University students.

http://iolug.org/conferences/2013fall/fall_2013_agenda.pdf

SEAN SOCHA, MA, MLIS
Librarian Coach
614.539.8800 (campus)
614.808.2125 (direct)
HARRISON COLLEGE
3880 Jackpot Rd.
Grove City, OH  43123
www.harrison.edu<http://www.harrison.edu/>
www.harrison.edu/LRC<http://www.harrison.edu/LRC>

[facebook icon.gif]<http://www.facebook.com/HarrisonCollege>[twitter Icon 1.gif]<http://twitter.com/harrisoncoll> [flickr icon] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisoncollege/> [linkedin Icon.gif] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/harrison-college> [RSS Icon.gif] <http://blog.harrison.edu/> [Description: Description: cid:image001.jpg at 01CCECA6.F20A0150] <http://harrison.libguides.com/lrc>

HireHarrison.com<http://harrison.edu/StudentLife/CareerServices/HireHarrisonforStudentsandAlumni.aspx>
Reach a Harrison grad - post your job today.