[OPLINLIST] Are you ready for Snapshot Day 2013: A Day in the Life of Ohio Libraries?

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 29 15:25:30 EDT 2013

Please excuse multiple postings...

Are you ready for Snapshot Day 2013: A Day in the Life of Ohio Libraries<http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday>? Remember this year libraries are free to pick their own Snapshot Day during the month of November.  The toolkit is ready and features a bigger selection of comment cards that you can customize. If you have a 2" button maker you can download and print a PDF<http://library.ohio.gov/sites/default/files/SnapshotDay2013-button.pdf> to make your own Snapshot Day buttons. The toolkit<http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday/toolkit> also includes instructions, helpful tips and information, templates, logos, and more. http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday/toolkit

Snapshot Day 2013: A Day in the Life of Ohio Libraries<http://library.ohio.gov/snapshotday> is a wonderful opportunity to take photos and video, collect testimonials from your patrons, invite local leaders, communicate the value of your library, and celebrate the impact of libraries in Ohio.

After your Snapshot Day we ask that you share your results in our Flickr group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/ohiolibs-snapshotday2013/) and complete a brief survey. Then we encourage you to use the photos, usage data, and testimonials to empower advocates and promote your library in reports, promotional materials, press releases, and any other opportunity you have to communicate with decision makers.

It was great to meet so many of you during the OLC, OELMA, and ALAO conferences this month and hear about plans for Snapshot Day in all types of libraries. We can't wait to see your photos!

Share your Ohio Libraries Snapshot Day 2013 activities on Twitter using #ohsd13

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Marsha
[cid:image010.jpg at 01CED4BA.9598AEA0]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image011.png at 01CED4BA.9598AEA0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image013.png at 01CED4BA.9598AEA0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.