[OPLINLIST] Only a few days (and spaces!) are left to join us for Fundamentals of Cataloging: Common AV Formats at OhioNET

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Sep 23 12:48:07 EDT 2015

Please excuse cross-postings.

Cataloging media in a variety of formats has gotten a little more complicated with the arrival of RDA.  New MARC fields (and subfields), new practices, new formats-oh my!  In this session, our cataloging trainer, Misty Alvaro, will teach attendees how to identify records for common AV formats, select the best records for copy cataloging, understand (and watch for) all the RDA-related changes to AV records, create and alter records in these formats, and explore freely available resources to support their cataloging.  Whether you are new to cataloging or looking for a refresher, click on the link below to snag your spot today!

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Common AV Formats<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=286>
Thursday, Oct. 1st, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
At OhioNET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH 43221
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=286&reset=1> to register.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET's in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains?  Contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help.

Looking for more cataloging?  Check out these other upcoming sessions:

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Serials Cataloging Overview (Session 1)
Tuesday, Oct. 13th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM  (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=281> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: MARC for Serials (Session 2)
Tuesday, Oct. 20th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live,  ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=282> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Serials RDA vs. AACR2 for Serials (Session 3)
Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM  (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=283> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers
Thursday, Nov. 12th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM  (At OhioNET
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=287&reset=1> to register.

Or head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming sessions.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator