[OPLINLIST] Practice Effective Communication at OhioNET

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue May 1 10:50:20 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3E13A.31EF1060]

Effective communication skills are central to our ability to work within the communities we serve, but some conversations can be very challenging.  Whether you've struggled to talk about a sensitive issue with a colleague, to ask your boss an uncomfortable question, to deliver unpopular news to staff members you supervise, or even to set appropriate boundaries with an inquisitive patron, you aren't alone.  Formulating something in your mind isn't the same as verbalizing it effectively!  So what can you do?  Practice, practice, practice! Our workshop leaders will address communication traps and help you hone your skills in a supportive environment.

>From Problem Patrons to Sensitive Subjects: Dealing with Difficult Conversations<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=452&reset=1>
Hands-On Workshop: Monday, May 7th from 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM at OhioNET
Presenters: Dr. Miriam Matteson (Kent State University), Kate Porter & Pam Cole (Upper Arlington Public Library)

The schedule for the day will include an hour-long break for lunch on your own.

Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities