[OPLINLIST] Acquisitions Clerk - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Wed Feb 19 16:04:41 EST 2020

Acquisitions Clerk, full-time,
Dayton Metro Library
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Acquisitions Clerk to join our team!  This position reports to the Acquisitions Manager and works in our Operations Center in downtown Dayton.  The primary responsibility of this position is to order materials via vendor web sites that have been chosen by our Selection Librarians. The successful candidate will use Microsoft Access to coordinate our annual standing order plans for serials.  Other typical activities may include generating and closing out purchase orders, data entry, and using our financial software to ensure that bills are paid correctly and in a timely manner.  This behind-the-scenes position comes with typical office hours, Monday through Friday.  The successful candidate will be adaptive and detail-oriented and be comfortable working at a computer for most of the day.  If this sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you today!

Essential Job Duties

  *   Orders materials. Procedures for making order lists and purchase orders are followed.   Transmits orders to vendors.
  *   Checks in new materials upon arrival.  Correct editions and number of copies are verified. Procedures for invoicing are followed.
  *   Coordinates and executes the renewal of serials for all audiences. Pays invoices and checks in serials standing orders. Maintains related Access files.
  *   Processes direct orders, special orders and demand orders.
  *   Reviews statements monthly to verify accounts are correct and up-to-date. Applies credits, reports and cancellations from vendors as needed.
  *   Adds new supplier records to ILS as needed and notifies Finance.
  *   Sorts system-wide mail delivery daily.
  *   Orders office supplies.
  *   Supports selectors by preparing reinstatement items, contacting patrons with requests about the purchase decisions and obtaining gift items for placement of bookplates.
  *   Cancels materials and aids with collection right-sizing.
  *   Processes items for special collections according to procedure and uses item record sets to change and track coding.
  *   Works as a team with co-workers and supports system-wide initiatives. Backs up other staff as assigned.
  *   Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00.

Job Qualifications

*         High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*         Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures preferred.  Data entry skills required.

*         Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and clearly when addressing individuals and apply active listening skills.

*         Ability to frequently use computer equipment, 10 key adding machine and standard office equipment.

*         Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.  Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.

  *   Ability to use e-mail and word processing software.  Ability to learn integrated library system functions used in carrying out job duties.  Ability to operate in a network environment.  General knowledge of PC equipment, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials required.

*      Physical Requirements: Ability to periodically pull and push book trucks weighing up to 250 pounds. Ability to occasionally lift, reach, stoop, sit, and turn.  Ability to frequently grasp, carry, hold, stand, walk, and use keyboard.  Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision, and the ability to distinguish colors.  Ability to speak and hear required.

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $14.11 with an exceptional benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by March 3, 2020.

The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling