[OPLINLIST] No-shows at programs

Laura Klein kleinla at massillonlibrary.org
Wed Dec 7 14:33:03 EST 2022

Hello everyone-

We are having a problem with patrons registering for programs and then no-showing.  I understand there will be some who are ill and can't come, but we recently had 92 people sign up for a Santa's Magical Christmas program in the Children's Department, and only 33 attended!

We have tried making reminder calls AND sending reminder emails (not with this recent large program, but with others), but that doesn't seem to help.  We also offer other events that don't require registration, but some just really need reservations.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

Laura A. Klein

Children's Services & Special Projects Manager

Ohio Library Council Certified Library Staff

Massillon Public Library

208 Lincoln Way East, Massillon, OH  44646

Office phone 330-832-9831, ext. 319

Children's Department Desk ext. 317

Fax:  330-830-2182

kleinla at massillonlibrary.org

www.massillonlibrary.org<http://www.massillonlibrary.org/>

"I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian who crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved."

     -Barbara Kingsolver

Follow Us on Twitter & Facebook!

http://twitter.com/mlibrary

http://www.facebook.com/massillonlibrary