[OPLINLIST] No-shows at programs (Laura Klein)

Pam Myers pmyers at gmplibrary.org
Fri Dec 9 13:11:42 EST 2022

Hi Laura,

When it comes to programs, we all know we're rarely going to get everyone
that registers. Honestly, it's a total let-down.

We use Evanced through Demco and it does do reminders (email or text, 1, 2
or 3 days before the program), for some programs we still do reminder calls.

When it comes to craft programs, we had the best luck by asking patrons for
a refundable deposit of $5. If they don't come, they forfeit the $5. We
have stopped doing that mostly because it's a hassle for patrons to come in
to register, but I'd love to bring it back.

The only other tip I have is when leaving a message, we generally leave
something such as this, "Hi, this is the XYZ Library calling to remind you
of the XYZ program on...at... If you will be unable to attend, please let
us know so we can open up those spots to others who would like to attend!
Our number is ..... Thank you so much for your time and we look forward to
seeing you on Tuesday!" They don't need to know you don't have a wait list,
but I hope that patrons reminded of common courtesy.

Good luck!

*Pam Myers*
*Youth Services Manager*
she/her/hers