[OPLINLIST] Eclipclaypse 2024!

Bob Gaydos bgaydos at starklibrary.org
Fri Sep 15 16:02:57 EDT 2023

FWIW, my wife and I drove down to the zone of totality in Tennessee in 2017 and it was not at all crazy in my experience.  We viewed the event on the grounds of a smallish college campus and the hotel we stayed at the night before was very close by.  If the folks driving inbound that afternoon encountered crazy traffic, we did not hear about it, nor did we encounter anything more than typical late afternoon traffic when we headed toward home afterward.  I encountered far worse traffic driving home through Akron last night due to an accident.

Are these Chicken Little warnings originating from locations which experienced the 2017 eclipse?

Bob Gaydos
ILS Administrator
p:  330-458-3148