[OPLINTECH] TLC, DTech HoldIT Lockers, and You

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Jan 14 18:30:10 EST 2022

Unfortunately, while I can't specifically help in your particular
situation, I can say that as the outsourced IT person for various libraries
I've seen similar situations many times...both network/computer related and
not. Both companies probably took a look at the problem from their
perspectives, have each decided that it's not their fault, and likely now
won't lift a finger to help you any further other than to maybe give you a
few platitudes hoping you'll go away.

This being your situation and if nobody on OPLINTECH can offer insight,
it'll probably take a third party to troubleshoot and assign blame to one
of the companies or to fix it. You didn't describe your problem, but since
you're stuck between TLC and DTech it sounds like you may perhaps have a
network/software-related problem. If you don't have a local IT person on
staff that can own and troubleshoot this problem to the point of knowing
where the issue really lies, you may need to involve your outside IT
consultant if you have one. The IT person may or may not have much
experience specifically with TLC or DTech Lockers, but they can hopefully
use network troubleshooting skills to determine what's not doing what it's
supposed to be doing...enough to point the finger or to just figure out how
to fix/mitigate the problem on their own.

Good luck!

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*