[oplinwebkits] Please no work on your Webkit this afternoon.

Karl Jendretzky karl at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Sep 24 12:53:26 EDT 2015

Please refrain from making any changes to your website until tomorrow
morning.

All,

You might have noticed that the server at 66.213.127.213 which hosts
Webkits went down around 12:15pm today, but is back up now running data
that's a few days old.

On August 11th this server had a fan die causing an outage. During the
repair the server was acting a bit odd so as a safety net I built a 2nd
server to take over in case this one had additional issues. When the main
one went down around 12:15, I swung the backup server into production,
bringing the sites back up. This backup server has data that is a few days
behind, so tonight around 10pm I'll be downing the sites again for about 15
minutes while I load data in from this morning.

If you make changes today, they'll be overwritten tonight, so please no
changes until tomorrow morning.

Karl Jendretzky
IT Manager - Ohio Public Library Information Network
(614) 728-1515karl at oplin.ohio.gov