[OPLINTECH] Fwd: Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) Form 472/BEAR and Post Commitment Changes Workshop

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 12 11:22:33 EDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lorrie Germann <lgermann at ohiocsc.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) Form 472/BEAR and Post
Commitment Changes Workshop
To: <ocsc-erate-l at listserv.ohiocsc.org>

Hello Again E-Rate/ECF Community,

I do apologize for another email this morning, but things are quite crazy
with all of the E-Rate and ECF activity right now.  I didn't want
information to be missed by having everything in one email.

USAC has released the new ECF version of the Form 472/BEAR application for
reimbursement. Due to the number of questions I’ve received regarding how
to file the application, I’ve created a step-by-step guide but also a
webinar to walk you through the process.  The training is appropriate for
both school and library ECF applicants.  In addition to BEAR, we will also
look at how to make Post-Commitment changes to your approved funding
requests.  This includes changing the make/model of devices, changing
service providers, and the invoicing method (SPI vs BEAR).

To register for the webinars, please go to
https://www.ohio-k12.help/ecf/ecf-events/.

The guide can be found at
https://www.ohio-k12.help/ecf/ecf-resource-library/.  If you attended the
session last week, this is the updated version we discussed.

If you're unable to attend this session, I will schedule additional dates
as USAC releases ECF funding letters.

If you have questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Sincerely,

Lorrie
*Lorrie Germann*
State E-Rate Coordinator
On behalf of the Ohio Department of Education
lorrie.germann at education.ohio.gov
www.ohio-k12.help/erate
Office: 740-223-2420
Cell: 740-253-1153