[OPLINLIST] Technology Peting Zoo

sallen at worthingtonlibraries.org sallen at worthingtonlibraries.org
Thu Aug 28 17:05:10 EDT 2014

Yes, the passcode issue is another thorn in our side with our iPads. It hasn’t gotten any better since May. ☺ AirWatch looks promising for fixing that. We are still experimenting with the trial and figuring out all the capabilities it offers, but are hopeful that the passcode conundrum can be worked around. The MDM can’t prevent someone from setting a passcode in the iOS, but if someone does set one and locks us out we could use the MDM portal to remove the passcode that someone sets on it. We just aren’t sure if that is more hassle for staff than putting a pass code on them and having staff go around every 4 hours to unlock them, which is what we currently are doing. With Android devices you can control a lot more through MDM and prevent patrons from accessing device settings, passcodes, etc., but unfortunately the Apple API is more limited.

Susan Allen
Director of Technology Services

Find yourself here.
www.worthingtonlibraries.org<http://www.worthingtonlibraries.org/>