[SEO-Members] Delivery issues

Tracey Hayward tracey at canalfultonlibrary.org
Mon Oct 3 17:11:38 EDT 2022

RE: Delivery issues

I originally sent this email to Julia at the State Library since they
produce the Material Handling and Shipping Document and she recommended
that I post this to the SEO listserv.

Received book with cardboard inside the book rather than outside of the
book to protect the cover. This can damage the binding. (see attached photo)

Audio CD arrived with just the Plastic case used to ship the item. Delivery
label taped with packaging tape to our audio CD case. (see attached photo)

Edges of covers (corners also) still arrive with damages. (see attached
photo)

Edges & corners may be the way things are handled by the delivery service.
Here is a recent claim I made with Priority. This was sent to us in a
bubble mailer (whether using the name STAT or Priority this is still
happening) (see attached photo of bent book)

Padded mailer arrived damaged (delivery service issue) (see attached photo)

Have received audio items without being protected with bubble wrap.

Have had a damaged item arrive at another library. (Libraries should send
damaged items back to the owning location.)  They notified me and were
going to toss our item out, I requested they send it back to our library.

Padded mailers have arrived open (no staples) I’m assuming there were
rubber bands but may have broken in delivery.
Thanks. Have a great day,

Tracey Hayward

Head of Interlibrary Loan Department
Canal Fulton Public Library